‘Tis the season of green growing things and flowering plants—at least, on the calendar. Whether you’re weather has allowed spring to sprung yet or not, may you be reminded that at the end of the long quiet of winter, the world is reborn, reminding us of God’s faithful sustaining of our earth and everything in it.
Around the Web
How to Have the Bible Really Come Alive
Evie Polsley reminds us of one of the greatest stories ever told.
- Some of the world’s bestselling books are biographies. Know why? We are fascinated with stories—especially stories of real people who have done amazing things. We put ourselves in their shoes and hope that we would make the same inspiring decisions in the same circumstances.
Prayers for the Mom Who Does It All
Jen Jabbour shares some prayers for the moms in the trenches.
- Being a mom isn’t always glorious. I remember being young, dreaming of the day I’d be blessed with children. I imagined what it would be like.
Then the day came when my son was born. It was one of the best days of my life; and as most moms would say, it was the day my life changed forever.
But it didn’t turn out quite how I had imagined it would.
CSK Illustrator Roundup: Standing in the Need of Prayer, Me and the Boss, and The Talk
Janie at Redeemed Reader reviews the Corretta Scott King award winners from this year.
- The Coretta Scott King award, an prominent part of the annual ALA Youth Media Awards, honors African American authors and illustrators of outstanding books for children.
Hop into Reading with Easter Books
Erica at What Do We Do All Day points us to a group of fun books for young readers about Easter.
- When looking for holiday reading, such as Easter books, it is easy to get overwhelmed by all the choices. To make things easy for you, here are 10 of the best Easter books to read this holiday.
Titles include cute Easter board books for toddlers and preschoolers, classic Easter picture books you may remember from childhood, a few soon-to-be-classics, and a pair of beautiful books focused on the Christian story of Holy Week and Easter.
Around the Warren
Millie Sweeny navigates the carousel of parenting young adventurers.
- She stands on tiptoes, watching and waiting. When at last it is time, she turns to wave to me and walks forward, depositing her golden token. She bounces up the single stair, scrutinizing the scene before her. What will she choose this time? The roaring dragon? The leaping orca? Or one of her usual favorites—the fox, or the cat named Tuesday?
Anne Marshall watches the world awaken.
- Spring is one of my favorite seasons (though I enjoy them all in their turn). I love the way the bare brown earth seems to magically come to life with wildflowers and lush green things everywhere. I adore the tiny, new leaves on the oaks, like a delicate green frost, as spring begins to awaken the earth.
Something to Do with Your Kids
Some alliteration and entertainment all together in one with these playful poodle puppy puppets.
Something to Watch
I’ve been slightly obsessed with the JOLLY channel on YouTube lately—these are the guys who brought us the English boys eating American Thanksgiving food—and their banter as they try snacks from around the world is a delight. Here’s Poland!
Thanks for reading. We’re on your side.
–The Story Warren Team