I love this on so many levels, but mostly two. I’ll discuss below, but first: watch.
1) This boy! What a kid. I love this guy. He is so creative, hardworking, and dedicated. What will he do in his life? I love his work, his imaginative recreation of something he has experienced and loved, and his desire to share it with others.
2) These people loving this boy! It really revs up my heart to see this little boy receiving such care and love, to see him given such a gift. We all know stories, heartbreaking, devastating stories of children being mistreated. They blanket the news. There’s an epidemic of fatherlessness, like a cancer in the gut of the world. To see children loved, even one little boy, is a deep delight. I keep thinking of how this short film might inspire many others to do something special (even if not so grand) for a young person they know.
Latest posts by S. D. Smith (see all)
- Moving the Turtle - March 11, 2019
- Interview and Free Audio Story from Author and Green Ember Editor James D. Witmer - December 12, 2018
- A Big Old Interview With Author James D. Witmer - August 8, 2018